You are here: Home Athletic Handbook Coaches Section
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COACH:
Galena High School coaches are responsible for the following:
1. Selection of each team or squad.
2. The determination of the style of play, including the offensive and defensive philosophy implemented.
3. Teaching and instruction given during practice and game sessions.
4. The determination of who starts and how long an athlete plays in each athletic contest.
5. The decision of who plays what positions
6. The establishment of team rules.
7. The selection of team captains.
8. The establishment and enforcement of the requirements to earn a varsity letter.