League Championships: 98
Regional Championships: 68
State Championships: 30
* - rSchool Today Calendar
* - Athletic Directory
* - Athlete Online Registration
* - Transportation Release Form
* - Clearance Procedures
* - Athletic Eligibility Requirements
* - Parent Player Presentation
* - WCSD Drug Policy
* - Sportsmanship Program
* - Athletic Handbook
* - Student Section
* - Parent Section
* - Coaches Section
* - GHS Athletic History
* - GHS Wall of Fame
* - Grizzlies Sports Complex Updates
* - Cheer and Stunt Information
Philosophy of the
Galena Athletic Department
Galena High School feels that athletics is a very important part of the educational experience at the high school level. Within the framework of Galena High School's philosophy, the Athletic Department is committed to:
* Provide a variety of positive experiences for all athletes in as many different sports as possible.
* Emphasize the importance of academics as a priority for all athletes.
* Use athletics as a vehicle for athletes to:
** Promote higher self-esteem.
** Create a positive alternative for free time.
** Instill positive discipline and values.
** Learn leadership and cooperation skills.
** Build confidence.
* Provide an avenue for athletes to develop a stronger physical, mental,
emotional, and social well-being.
* Promote sportsmanship as the cornerstone of the athletic program.
Virtual Tour of the Galena Sports Complex
Our Vision: The Grizzly Sports Complex
Check out all the details in the Sports Complex Update to the left!